Thursday, August 11, 2011


Then We were Successful! Persistence and experimentation paid off. Kathy, my teacher, discovered if we spayed a fairly transparent glaze on lightly the glaze would not run and the image would stay true. The picture you are looking at is one of my Mother in her twenties. I applied int multiple times around the pot joining it together with images of insects. My Mother taught biology and science in her early 52 years career as a teacher. She gave our family a life long fascination for science, exploration and nature.

In a following post I will share the recipe we came up with for ceramic ink and the process of printing images on to a raw clay body. This project excited all the classes at our art center and spread like wild fire. You may want to try it yourself. It has untold possibilities!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...