Thursday, August 11, 2011


Then We were Successful! Persistence and experimentation paid off. Kathy, my teacher, discovered if we spayed a fairly transparent glaze on lightly the glaze would not run and the image would stay true. The picture you are looking at is one of my Mother in her twenties. I applied int multiple times around the pot joining it together with images of insects. My Mother taught biology and science in her early 52 years career as a teacher. She gave our family a life long fascination for science, exploration and nature.

In a following post I will share the recipe we came up with for ceramic ink and the process of printing images on to a raw clay body. This project excited all the classes at our art center and spread like wild fire. You may want to try it yourself. It has untold possibilities!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...