Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Art of Cooperation/A Joint Venture

Working with another artist can be an interesting and fun thing to do. Sometimes it brings out a side of yourself that might not happen if it weren't for the influence of the other artist. My sister in law, April Gordon, is a wonderful potter. She is also a professor of sociology and author's books on African studies and politics. We happen to share the same birth day, birth year and birth month! She is a wonderful person! She can throw large and beautiful pots. I do not throw anymore due to arthritis in my hands. But I can glaze and decorate!













April visited recently and was a guest at my clay class. Mouths flew open and jaws dropped as she threw one pot right after another. She left me with bowls to trim and decorate.


So I dipped and glazed. I then took black slip and
thought of Japanese ceramics, which I love. Someday I would love to go to Japan and visit every pottery town and village! Also I would love to go to the mountains where the snow monkeys and hot springs are!
Thank you April, next time we will try adding photo images Sister.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...