Monday, August 8, 2011


Both of these raku pieces were glazed with sagent green. The bronzes are luscious on both. The one on the right was formed with a technique of using a metal wire in up and down or wave like motions. I was not concentrating on what the purpose of the piece was, only the being in the moment with the clay and letting it tell me what to do.

The clay piece on the right had a completely different intent. I took an antique metal copper door piece I had from Turkey and used it for a pattern. Then took my clay stamps and added texture. As you look at both surface the light plays
on them differently. So one piece was unplanned and
intuitive, while the other was planned with purpose in mind.
The way the surface is done changes the way the light is reflected.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...