Sunday, August 21, 2011

CREATIVE CLAY/ART WITH A HEART
This is a story that is close to my heart. Many years ago I met two young social workers who had an interest in art and helping people. They were only in their twenties, but they had an idea and passion for their plan. Together they got grants, raised money and built Creative Clay. It serves developmentally challenged adults who have no place to go after graduation from public school programs for the disabled. Here artist and teachers are brought in the work and teach classes for these young adults. The program has been very innovative in building community partners and events. The young people sell their work in the gallery. I recently attended an art open house and was once again reminded of the spirit, passion, and free creative spirit these young people have. Yes, I bought a piece of art, which I will photograph and share with you. I will be adding Creative Clay to my sites I like on the right of the blog, so you may also share in their journey! This is not just a good thing on this Earth, it is a great thing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...