Sunday, August 28, 2011

Success at the Dali

SUCCESS AT THE DALI

In my mixed media world of art I had a piece of art chosen to be one of 15 to be auctioned off at the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida. The fundraiser last night was well attended and a great deal of fun. The event was called, "Liquid Desires", named after on of Dali's paintings. In the photo below I am standing with Peter who is the Education director at the museum. Peter is a wonderful, generous human being. We have been friends over twenty years.



Standing next to a replica of Dali's Egg Sculpture is myself, and my friend Jorge(Columbia) and Mirasu(Spain).

Event attendees dressed for the Dali look!
a very well attended fund raiser for the Zodiac Group, a membership club within the Dali Museum.I am standing with my piece before the bidding begins. The room and venue were wonderful. If you haven't been to the museum it is well worth the trip. People come from all over the world to see this awesome new structure and the American collection of Dali's work. Close up of my art work in the next sequence of the blog.
My found object sculpture is made with photo transfers, rusted metal, porcelain, netting, wood, and an antique dress form from England. A shout out to all my English friends!
Salvidor Dali's Flaming Giraffe! Oh my is he tall, he can nibble on the lights of the ceiling!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...