Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Off Beat Travel/Germany/Artist Homes




This post is for my German artist friends and for my American friends living in Germany. When I have lived overseas working I would spend every week end going and seeing something new and different to me. I know my friends who are living in Germany now do the same. I found this post of interest as I was looking for German artist I wanted to post. It is information about which artists homes are open to the public and how to get there. If you live in Germany or traveling for a vacation, this should be of interest to you.

http://67.20.94.185/travel-advice/3776-visit-the-historic-homes-of-german-artists.html
As always this will be in clickable for in the column on the right hand side of the blog, named websites of interest.

A side bar to all of this is a visit I made to Germany two years ago. I was in Stuttgart primarily visiting a close friend. We drove to other areas in Southern Germany as well. The Christmas market was in full swing, and the Gluehwine. We drove to Strasbourg just into France, a town that has been French, German, and French again. We had a lovely day there, the restaurants along the river, the charming walking bridges and Christmas festivities.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...