Sunday, October 16, 2011






MONTREAL MUSEUM OF ART
There a few cities one can fall in love with immediately, but Montreal was one of those special places for me. My partner had gone of a conference for Association of Death Education and Counseling. The conference was held at the Elizabeth Hotel. It was in spring after Montreal had a really rough winter with lots of snow. The tulips were peaking out when we arrived and in full bloom by the end of the week. I was taken with this beautiful city, with lovely architecture and a strong sense of history. The food, wine and restaurants were wonderful. We went to many galleries and I was impressed with the quality of art they carried. We also went to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and thoroughly enjoyed it. There was an expose of Cuban Art that was being held at the time. It is not something the United States would have carried and I felt fortunate to see current Cuban Artists. There was also a wonderful collection of African Mask and statues. It may have been a permanent part of the Museum collection, but it gave me an idea for a series of work that I would like to do with conceptual art. I would rant and rave about other Canadian cities, but Montreal is the only place I have been in Canada. I am looking forward to more experiences and exposure to more art and artist with our neighbors to the North.
Here is the website of the Montreal Museum of Art, and it is also listed in a clickable form on the right hand column, websites of interest.

http://www.mmfa.qc.ca/en/index.html

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...