Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hong Kong Museum of Art

Hong Kong Museum of Art

I traveled to Hong Kong when I was teaching art in the Philippines. I loved Asia. It has always felt familiar to me somehow even since I was a young child. It was a modern active city, like Singapore, full of hustle and bustle. I am tall and could not always find clothes to fit me in the Philippines, but Hong Kong had wonderful tailors. It was a wonderful visit and a new wardrobe for me. But more than that it was the introduction to a new world of images, sounds, and a very different culture. Those images of Asia would last a life time for me and influence my art forever.
Hong Kong Museum of Art
http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/ce/Museum/Arts/english/aboutus/aboutus.html
clickable version in column to the right, websites of interest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...