Sunday, October 9, 2011

For the love of Rust

Is is a love of rust or yearning for the past or just an affection for things that are worn and used by the human touch, I am not sure. But I love rust, I love old and I love seeing things that are peaking from the past into our world. It feels a bit like time has traveled by and like the setting sun, there is a glow before the sun sets, it lingers. That is how I feel about objects that hang around from a past long gone. These objects have a story, a message that they still send out to us in the future. We can ignore them, thrown them away or listen to their call. I was once here, they say. I once had a function, they yell. I was a part of your Mother's or Father's or Grandparents world. I stood here on this Earth and filled a function. I made your world better and led you to a new future. Look at me, I still call out to you. Do not ignore me, do not throwme away, but value what I brought into your world.Lust for Rust

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...