Friday, October 21, 2011

Reflections of China
Photographs by April Gordon

April Gordon is a multi talented person who is my sister-in-law. She is a professor of sociology and women's studies, she writes books on African politics, throws fantastic pots, grows a wonderful garden, raised two fine boys, and is a fantastic cook.
We share exactly the same birthday, month, day, and year. I told my brother it was his Karma! April and my nephew, Jared, went to China a couple of years ago with a university trip organized by Furman University. (Greenville South Carolina)
It was an extensive trip traveling all the way across China to Mongolia. I thought you would enjoy these photos. April takes wonderful shots and this is only a small sampling. As China grows towards the future, I hope it will hold close to its arts of the past as they are are so masterful and exquisite.









I particularly love the portrait of this man below. I am going to guess this Mongolia. In this man's there is such wonderful character, it is as if a wonderful portrait painting.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...