Monday, October 31, 2011

Starry Night ala Pumpkin!

http://www.geekosystem.com/starry-night-pumpkin/
Here is the site of the Pumpkin Carving from the MOMA, of Starry Night.

A Funny Art Teacher's Story
I knew I was a success as an art teacher when one of my 4th grade students came in with a drawing he had done at home. We had been learning about Van Gogh and doing art projects related to that. This boy came from a poor family that loved NASCAR and car racing. Sometimes on my way home I would pass his trailer home and see a car jacked up being worked on by his Dad frequently. The drawing he came in with was a wonderful souped up race car with the most beautiful sketch of Starry Night on the side of the race car. I know if he ever becomes a race car driver I will have arrived as a teacher when I see Van Gogh's Starry night speeding by at the Indy Race Track!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...