Saturday, September 17, 2011

Carry a Camera with You/Use it as a Tool

I carry a small camera with me at most times.
It is a small Lumix camera. It has a leica lens. I found I was leaving my bigger cameras at home because of their weight. This little camera fits in my pocket, has good color and fairly good range. When I see something that catches my eye, I take it out and snap! I was driving to North Carolina to my Asheville studio when this truck load of dried corn caught my attention. The metal on the body of the truck was rusting and seemed to frame the rest of the design. The texture and color of the corn also interested me and the visual lines of the ladder in silver and repeated is shadow. I like working pictures, machinery and people. For the 30 plus years I drove to work. I drove a cross a 12 mile long bridge twice a day, 7am and 4pm usually. That is when workers were on their way to a job and on the way home. I loved watching the backs of trucks with their bold designs and the play of light on the workers huddled on the open back of a pick up truck. Time stood still for one moment and now I have stolen that second for myself. Technology always amazes me...no matter how old or new.

How will I use this image? I am not sure, but it interest me. I will do close ups, play with the color or not, it may only be a springboard that leads me somewhere else. But in that moment on the road I recorded what I saw.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...