Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cathy, one of my fellow
glass art classmates, is working on glass leaves. She constructed her own molds out of clay, cut and shaped her glass. She is not ready for firing. I will show you the results next week.



Cutting glass intimidates me, even now. I watch those who have been doing it for much longer, and am in awe with the ease they can get a straight line or curved..the way they invasion it! My friend Monica laughs at me..because I am more the fine artist than craftsmen. So if I get frustrated I just hammer it in to little pieces and start collaging the pieces together!

This is one of the molds that can be used for glass plates. It is made of clay and one that has been purchased by the Hyde Park Studio for student use.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...