Thursday, August 30, 2012

More on Art and Fear
The more I read of Bayle's work the more I want to share with you.  It rings so true and insightful.  I hope you will find as helpful as I have.  It is funny, I think that book sits at home on a shelf somewhere, but I had to come North hundreds of miles in the mountains to rediscover a book I had shelved away.  There is the saying when the student is ready, the teacher appears....it seems so.
Through the years attending outdoor shows and gallery shows I have seen artists cling to what has been successful those insuring they could not grow or move on.  Art is a flow...I suppose all life and learning is such...we must ride the waves like a surfer on the crest of a wave as we hit the top then it subsides and we must get ready to ride the next wave.  The section below is a quote from the book Art and Fear.

from google image


 “To require perfection is to invite paralysis. The pattern is predictable: as you see error in what you have done, you steer your work toward what you imagine you can do perfectly. You cling ever more tightly to what you already know you can do – away from risk and exploration, and possibly further from the work of your heart. You find reasons to procrastinate, since tonot work is to not make mistakes.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...