Wednesday, August 15, 2012


Here is another tour of one of my favorite museums.  A number of years ago when I was teaching art I went to a national art teachers conference in Chicago.  It was wonderful, such a great city.  Like some of the most famous cities around the world Chicago has a beat, a rhythm all its own.  The restaurants are wonderful and there are many excellent museums.  The history museum is awesome ask with a giant dinosaur named Sue in the lobby.  But of course my favorite of all is the Chicago Art Institute.  Sunday in the Park by Seurat greets one upon entering one of the upstairs rooms, as well as, an excellent collection of Surrealist artists.  They also have a large collection of Joseph Cornell's work who is one of my all time favorite artists.  I hope you enjoy this tour of the collection and if possible go there in person.  I was blown away by Sunday in the Park because the size was so much larger than I had imagined.  When one studies slides in art history there is not always an indication of the size of the work you are learning about and committing to memory.  So start the tour by clicking on the arrow on the photo below.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...