Sunday, August 5, 2012

ART OF THE OYLMPICS

MONICA BONVICINI

RUN(click)

                                                                                                                                                                           photo from Google image

Monica Bonvicini is an Italian born artist who now lives between Berlin and Los Angeles


I have been watching the Olympics while working on some glass fusion pieces.  I love sports, as my Father was a coach and I grew up with a variety of sports around me on tv, on the radio, or in person.   Perhaps it is the excitement, the physical skill and endurance...I am not certain, but  in the Olympics you have drama and excitement and skills all rolled up into one.  I started thinking about the art work and the amazing architecture that I was seeing.  When I pulled up the site on the art work, it seems as if each venue has a different artists work.  I thought it would be fun for us to look at that together.  I really like this first installation by Monica Bonvicini.   The use of words reminds me of Jenny Holtzer(click), an American artist.  I think we can assume this sculpture is outside the track and field area.  My brother ran track so it is dear to my heart as well.  I can still see him running his relays in my mind with his state championship team.  Run with the wind!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...