Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Bounty of Work!!! Eye Candy !!!!!!!

ART TREASURE!
A Treasure Trove of Fused Dichroic Glass Necklaces from the studio/Eye Candy!
Photographed on bark outside studio, bark is not reflective and adds an interesting backdrop





Photographed on concrete out side studio
WARM GLASS
all highlighted words if click on lead to more information

Mixed of turquoise bubble, blue fire and melaflori
I love the stripes with the amorphous shapes







This was done in two stages and two firings
        DICHROIC GLASS
I love experimenting with shape
                                                                                                               FUSED GLASS



I am not happy with the concrete background surface, must experiment more


almost reminds one of a pea pod or a vegetation

Another wonderful week at the studio and a bounty of wonderful treasures mounting for the effort! 
 I have fallen in love with dichroic glass and glass fusion.  It is just so beautiful and unpredictable, but I have no want to control it-only to see where it will go and what it will do on its own.  It has its own personality like Raku, and a need to be its own master.  But that is what I love, is the unpredictability and the surprise.  I will never be the craftsmen first, I will always be the artist first...wanting to see what if.  If I do this what happens, if I overlap this what will the glass do, if I allow gaps how will the glass fill them and how will the heat effect the colors at a lower or higher temperature.  Look at what these past few weeks have produced! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...