Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Birth of Bling Bling!

This quite a crop of new work, I think you will see the absolute beauty and surprise each piece possesses.  Each One is one of a kind and I could not repeat it if I wanted.  For me,  I am not a craftsman, but a visual artist who is intuitive and works in the moment.  Each piece is an individual work of art to me, a mini sculpture or painting in glass.  My education and experiences bring me to this moment and these creations. Each decision is based on so many things, the memories of snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of  the Philippines, riding in a helicopter in the Himalaya's, viewing the Taj Mahal, hiking in the Blue Ridge Mountains, gazing at Gaudi's La Familia in Barcelona, sunsets in off the Great Barrier Reef, the fire of the volcanoes of Indonesia, the lapping of the waves sitting on a boat at the base of Rhodes Knights of Templar Castle, Whistable, England's rocky pebbled beaches, and a million images and experiences that are born out of my emotion and mind to each piece... Enjoy, for their creation was filled with joy on my part!
 Varieties of Dichroic black backed fused glass



Blue and purple dichroic glass with miniflori


This so reminds me of Raku, the surprise 




Glass rounds no matter how you cut it
These really show my love of collage
I love the pebble blue with gold
The larger the piece the larger the pallet to work with 
Gold dichroic is so gorgeous 








earrings
















One of my very favorite pieces, playing with shape















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...