Thursday, February 16, 2012

OH FOR THE LOVE OF RAKU!

Leaf section wrapping around pot

clinging beetle climbing reaching out




























The Raku pot above is made with a collage type effect, where I have drawn and cut out the shapes then applied them to the clay body.   I love insects and nature and have been more and more drawn to doing a series of creations that are biological in nature.  The Hawaiian Blue Raku glaze seemed a good choice for this pot.  I wanted something earthy and not shiny...I also wanted it highly sculptural for that is how I approach clay.  

The pot below is clay that is cut and adhered to the clay pot as well.  This my version of a crow hidden in the trees and leaves.  The raku glaze is sagent's green.  I am very happy with both pots.

Recent documentaries have crows among the most intelligent animals



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...