Monday, February 27, 2012

The Many Faces of Van Gogh

Vincent Van Gogh  


This is another you tube morphing that I ran across today that I thought you all might enjoy.  All of his self portraits morphed into a continual sequence.  
It is interesting, as long as I taught young children art, Vincent remained an all time favorite.  I am not sure all of the things that appealed to the children...the bright colors, the movement and bold brush work I know were some of the things that drew them, but I think it was much more than that.  I think they sensed a vulnerableness and a needing that he could not fulfill.  Children want to reach out and heal things, they have an innate compassion.  Adults may change them or the world...but we would hope not.  


Click on the arrow on Van Gogh's face and the video will start. Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...