Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To Be Honored by One You Honor is a Little Miracle!

Cassandra Gordon Harris

is an artist I have know and admired for many years.  We sat on art councils and did good for arts, kids and school arts programs for many years.   We talked, I visited her art shows and was awed by her talent.  There is a spiritual mystical quality that makes me sure she communes with the gods on a regular basis! She is wise...I mean guru, Tibetan Wise beyond her years on this Earth.  I have followed her through her many moves in life and we have remained friends.  In our talking we also found out it may be likely we are cousins, our Fathers' come from the same small itty bitty community in Mississippi and have the same last name...it was a community of Gordon's.  If you lived there you were related!  We worked together on a huge public arts project for my school and always Cassandra gave her heart and energy with great generosity.
So this week I open my email and see this painting on Cassandra's blog of me with the most touching spiritual insightful words one could ever hope would be spoke in the same breath as your own name!  To say I was touched would be a gross understatement...I was honored...it was like I won the lottery, like I saw rainbows everywhere, like fireworks exploded....it sounded like James Camerons movie, Avatar....I See You!  Now I will share this with you and the talent of an extraordinary woman and artist.

Seeding by Cassandra Gordon Harris /from google image
The description below is from Cassandra's blog Left Turn on a Right Road which you can access by following the highlighted words.

"Finished “Seeding Petals” (above) in midst of all the excitement, illusions and delusions and was quite pleased. She(Betsy) is a another special friend, a former art teacher and a talented artist in her own right who enlightened and seeded so many lives with art and culture.  She brought me into her world and told me to teach the children. It was a special fund raising project and I was one of several artists selected to work with a couple of classes to produce an artistic deer, like the cows of Chicago. Since that day so very long ago, she has always been there though the good and bad times to support, encourage, praise and cover me with words that lift your soul. We were never socially close, always lived far away from each other, but we found out that perhaps we just might be distant cousins coming from the same neck of the woods. It is an enduring friendship."

Cassandra Gordon Harris    Artist 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...