Friday, March 9, 2012

An Artist Must Do Art!

A child drawing in art class/Pinellas County, Florida
True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.
Albert Einstein



This is a difficult concept to explain to teachers who punish children for drawing on their math, language art and homework papers.  Children who are artist must create, it is not a choice, it is an internal drive.  I have lived with this all my life, if I do not do my art, I feel guilty and like I am letting myself down and everyone else...it is such a part of you, that you know it is your purpose on this Earth and anything else you do is less.'
So teachers and parents do not punish children for what they must do...what their being tells them to do...if they have to draw on the walls, on their classwork or on themselves then let them!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...