Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Transition Time...We say Goodbye to the Big Easy, and back to Florida

It is time to say goodbye to New Orleans' for now until the next time.  Goodbye to all the the magic, the sights and sounds of this enigmatic city that can charm the socks off anyone no matter where they hail from.  It is a one of kind place, unique to its own and not replicable.   If it had been allow to die after Katrina, it would have been like losing the Mona Lisa or a the Pieta...there is just not another one! What make it so magical I have tried to give you a sense of this week, and have a few more posts to complete for you when I get back home.  
There are some artists we have not mentioned, and an at movement I want to talk about and its influence...primitive art or folk art or naive art...there are many names.  Louisiana has quite a few well known folk artist.  There are more pictures to post and experiences to share, but they will have to travel home with me to get done.  I learned being on site when one is publishing a blog makes it more real for all and then more involved and excited I get the more I can convey to you the readers.  I will list more galleries, and museums for you to access easily front this site, so it is a useful one stop art resource for you whether artists, teacher, or traveler.  


Sunset Over Lake Pontchartrain in New Orleans

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...