Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quotes on Art by Georgia O'Keeffe/Woman Artists


In this era of assault on women and women's rights I think it is essential to look at strong and accomplished women and what they contribute to our world.  Georgia O'Keeffe is certainly a role 
model for a strong woman and accomplish artist.




Poppies by  Georgia O'Keffe  from google image



Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.
Still - in a way - nobody sees a flower - really - it is so small - we haven't time - and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time.
One day seven years ago I found myself saying to myself -- I can't live where I want to -- I can't go where I want to go--I can't do what I want to -- I can't even say what I want to --....I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to.
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-things I had no words for.
Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...