Thursday, March 22, 2012

Quotes From Frida Kahlo's Diary

One of the fascinating things I read about Frida Kahlo(please click) was that her biography was as interesting as her paintings.  If you have not see the film about her life or read her biography they are so interesting.  Her tumultuous life with artist Diego Rivera is in itself worthy of a book besides the horrible physical conditions that she lived with daily after the bus accident.  Art became therapy to her and an escape.  Here are a few of quotes that I loved from her diary. 


I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my 
head without any other consideration.


I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows. But now the damned things have learned to swim ,and now decency and good behavior weary me.




I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you. 


My painting carries with it the message of pain.




Frida Kahlo/Self Portrait from google image


― 
Frida Kahlo

2 comments:

Rabbitsmoon said...

Rachel I found the quotes on a site called Goodreads quoting from her diary. I am not certain what plate it is on. I will research it more for you. Thank you for your interest and question. Betsy

Rabbitsmoon said...

I found it again in Wiki quotes as from her diary...but no page mentioned. More research to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...