Thursday, July 11, 2013

Quotes on Memory


How we remember, what we remember, and why we remember form the most personal map of our individuality. (Christina Baldwin)
In the making of the last two art works my memory of events 40 years ago resurfaced in an amazing way.  One memory triggered another and another.  I began to visit a time and place that was in my distant youth.  Who I became as a person the rest of my life was greatly influenced by this time and these events.  It was a formable time of my life, I was young, adventurous, and idealistic. Looking back I now realize how much this time shaped the person I would become the rest of my life.  It was fortunate that I was on the front porch of world history and the events that happened in the three years I lived in the Philippine Islands put me at the epic center of world events. l

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...