Thursday, January 3, 2013

THE ART OF PLACEMENT

YOU MAY 
THINK YOU KNOW ART
BUT WHAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW IS HOW YOUR
EVERYDAY IS INFLUENCED BY ALL OF THE ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPALS OF THE ARTS!

Oxford exchange, Tampa Florida            A Refined Sense Of Placement 


LINE     COLOR   SHAPE   TEXTURE  SPACE    FORM   
I used to tell my Mother after she had encouraged me to pursue my interest and education in art, it was her fault I had such expensive taste! She had afforded me a wonderful education in which I gained a refined since of taste and beauty.  I was no longer satisfied with ordinary things, I wanted the finest things!  
Alas, I was a teacher of the arts with a beer budget!  But it has stood me well in my life, to know and understand what the arts offer and it has enriched my life greatly.  
I cannot imagine a life without the arts, nor the not having the ability to enjoy art on a high level of appreciation and joy.  When I look around my world I see art everywhere-places you might not think of. Sometimes it is not the greatest work of art, or the finest museum, but just that I see in what we consider in our ordinary mundane world moments of creativity that transcend to a level worth noting, worth celebrating.  
 It brings me great joy to see beauty and creativity in my every moment in life, from the amazing weaving skills spiders use to build the finest lace webs, to the smooth curve of a dolphins back as he arcs through still gulf waters, to the trail of a jet in a winter sky, to the glory of a tropical sunset with shadowed palms gracefully bowing to end of day.  I see the creativity in so many people who are not artists who work in small towns, small stores, fast food restaurants, mechanic shops...every time someone steps out of the ordinary and tries an idea of self expression that is new or different...it is an act of art.  
I love the dinosaur buildings that sell tourist things, or the ice cream shaped huts that serve soft ice cream that melts too fast, or the giant statue that holds a wrench and looks like a cartoon character.  It is human creativity.  So I honor creativity when ever it expresses itself in this world because it leads to uniqueness and individuality and invention!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...