Saturday, January 19, 2013

PHILLIPS MUSEUM, WASHINGTON D.C.

from google image


Can you identify this artist and painting?  

It is always interesting to look closely at things, to look at the details.  I looked at this painting this week at the Phillips Museum in Washington D.C.  It is probably one of my favorite paintings in art, but as I focused in on details with my camera, I asked myself would I have known who painted this?  Does the overall style carry into the details?  As I pondered this I decided it does...the style of the artist in detail transcends to the whole.  

Ahh, you are wondering who and what, right?  This is a detail from.....
                                                                                                                                                                              from google image

                                                              google



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...