Friday, June 22, 2012

The Vampire of Chartres Street

Breaking news Vampire Lesat seen on Chartres Street!
Chartres Street Vampire                              photo by elizabeth gordon

As I was walking about Jackson Square in the heart of the Quarter I snapped this photo of one of the street entertainers atop a USA news box.  I loved the pose and the irony. Anne Rice is an author who lived and wrote in New Orleans.  Her books became famous and were made into movies and her vampire tales legendary.  Lestat was one of the most famous of her mythic beings. The quote below is from one featuring Lestat.   


“I will be the Vampire Lestat for all to see. A symbol, 


a freak of nature - something loved, something 


despised all of those things. I tell you I can't give it 


up. I can't miss. And quite frankly I am not in the 


least afraid."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...