Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Gaudi!!!!












Antonio Gaudi
The Birthday of an Architectural Genius



Antonio Gaudi


One of my favorite trips will always have been one I took to Barcelona.  I had read about Antonio Gaudi and see a photo of his work in art history class, but I truly did not have a grasp of his genius.  It is a bit of a sad story at the end....Antonio at the close of his life penniless going begging door to door for money to finish his finest masterpiece "La Familia", the cathedral of artistic wonder.  His architecture is not angular nor right angle block like, it is fluid like a river, or a melting candle.  It bends and flows like a fine sculpture, it is more like a living thing than not.  I will include here a series of pictures I took during that trip.  


Sagrada Familia




Casa Batllo








Roof Chimneys of Casa Batllo




Sagrada Familia

























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...