Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jennifer Tetlow/Sculptor/New Artist Series

Jennifer Tetlow/Sculptor 

Jennifer is another artist I have been so fortunate to get to know through artists groups on line. It is so nice to think of so many wonderful artist that are creating all over the world.  I can imagine Jennifer carving away in Shropshire, England and that is a wonderful thing. The internet has done many things, but one thing that very unique is how people can connect and share their art and creations. 
 There is a beautiful elegance to Jennifer Tetlow's stone carvings.  The simplicity of line, the curving arc, yet smooth and gentle.  One might think of Scandinavian designs or the Inuit Indians of the Pacific Northwest.  Or one could think of sculptors like Henry Moore. Jennifer almost catches the soul of the thing she is carving.  I remember reading once about Michelangelo that stone felt alive to him, and it told him how to carve it.  I think Jennifer must be like that, her carvings are earth bound with an understanding and love of stone work that is fascinating.  I think you will enjoy learning more about Jennifer and her work. 
http://www. http://www.jennifertetlow.co.uk/index.html

1 comment:

Jennifer Tetlow said...

Betsy - thankyou so much for including me here - with such a wonderful description of me and my work - I do hope your readers will enjoy exploring my stone sculpture. Many thanks indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...