Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Great Story and a Great Artist....

Yayoi Kusama is an amazing artist and she happens to be 82 also.  I once remember my friend Ann saying when you get old you become invisible.  I didn't understand it at first, but then with time and experiencing aging myself, then I did.  I also remember when I was teaching young children art, I came home with a film on Louise Nevelson to review.  The film showed her older, but interesting dramatic makeup and clothes.  My Mother, who was not happy about wrinkles and aging...said, "well at least I can be interesting!"
There is a tendency to think only the young are the only ones going about the important things in life, and in the art world where people are thinking of emerging artists, they usually do not think of artists of age.   Yayoi's latest installation in Australia at Queen's Head Gallery is just stunning.  She handed out thousands of stickers to children and let them put them where ever they wanted in a mock living room.  The transformation is amazing! How could I have not known about this wonderful artist before!?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...