Tuesday, January 17, 2012

High Museum of Art Special Exhibit/Atlanta/Picasso to Warhol



This year I bought membership to the Dali museum and the St. Pete Museum of Art.  With the Dali membership came the additional perk of a NARM membership.  That is the North American Reciprocal  Agreement of Museums.  It is a wonderful program which allows you to visit museums all over the country that are part of the program.  You may want to check and see if your local museum have reciprocal memberships.  There is also the Southern Museum Reciprocal agreement I believe that covers museums not covered under NARM. I join several museums every year to support art in my local community and because I enjoy going to the events sponsored year round.  There are many talks, art history insights, museums store specials, plays and music.  A membership offers much more than just see the main collection.  I highly recommend you support your local art institutions.  
The High Museum in Atlanta has a special exhibit on now that I would love to see.  It is called Picasso to Warhol.  With the NARM agreement you can get into the main museum collection for free, but for the special show you must pay...but you get a discounted price!  Good deal I think.
I also discovered though a little research on line there are certain hotels in downtown Atlanta that offer museum packages with your stay free tickets to the museum! ( only an example of a hotel, I am not promoting any hotel in particular) The special exhibit goes on unit April, so you still have a chance to see it.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...