Friday, October 11, 2013

THE ROBERT RAUSCHENBERG MUSEUM

CAPTIVA FLORIDA

RAUSCHENBERG MUSEUM(click to link)

from google image for education only
A trip I have always wanted to make is to the Sanibel/Captiva Islands of Florida, just off the West Coast of Florida.  Though Robert Rauschenberg spent a good bit of his life in NYC, he later moved to Florida where he worked and built a magnificent studio.  Another little known area of Rauschenberg's life is his work with Autism.  He offered workshops for public school art teachers to develop lesson plans working with autistic children and art.  When I was teaching in special education I applied once, but did not get in due to the large number of teachers who wanted the opportunity as well. I also admired his foundation work with the Robert Rauschenberg World foundation.
I highly advise if you live nearby or are a Rauschenberg fan like I am, you make the journey to go see his museum and studio. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...