Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thoughts on Creativity

I love Julia Cameron's thoughts on creativity and often turn to one often turn to one of her many books I have in my collection for inspiration when I need to think about why I am not doing art or when I need to think deeply with insight. I turned to the quote today and thought you might enjoy it also. Betsy


"Creativity involves process, and process involves change.  The truism we often hear is that we often resist change because change is difficult or change is painful.  This is not quite accurate.  It is the resistance to change that is difficult or painful.  In the same way, it is the resistance to our creativity that causes us to equate it with suffering.  It is important to remember that effort and suffering are two different things"
a quote from Julia Cameron, the Artist Way,  A Year of Creative Living

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...