Sunday, December 18, 2011

One World in Peace

The more I thought about Christmas, Hanukkah, and other holiday at this time of year I began to think about what all my years of travel and teaching and art have meant to me.  I love people, I love other cultures, I love children and I love all people being able to express themselves through Art.
This picture says so much in such a simple way, we hold this world in our hands.  We must reach out to each other and take care of this planet.  It is our only home.  When you live in other countries you get to know people on a one to one basis, you are no longer removed by tv and newspapers.  And the amazing thing about people is, they are much the same all over the world: they laugh, they cry, they are sad, they all hurt, and they all love and want to be loved.  I have lived in several countries for long periods of time and traveled extensively and everywhere I have been I have loved the people and learned from their cultures.  So I wish peace for you where ever you are and I wish love wherever you are and I wish healing where ever you are.  I think as artists and people who love art we can offer something special, a way for people to unite,  a way for people to share, and a way for people to understand each other.
                       

Peace through Art

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...