Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mom on a Good Day

This is my Mother on a good day, not far apart in time, from the Madonna in Blue Pictures. I know many of my friends and family read this blog so I did not want them to worry about the picture I took of her on a not so good day. As all aging parents there are good days and bad. Miss Lela looks pretty good for almost 99 you have to agree!
You can still see the power of grace and love in her face...and strength. She had many accomplishments, but she counted motherhood as her most important. She taught until 72, for over 50 years she was a public school educator of highest acclaim. Her love of all things beautiful and graceful led me into the arts. Her love of people, justice for all, and education led me and my brother into education and making a difference for people in their lives. Her love of the underdog, the neglected, the poor led us into working in programs that lift impoverished peoples up to the light where they may shine.
Her love of science and nature help us appreciate all the wonders the world has to offer and the curiosity to understand what is unknown nor apparent. I could offer up Carl Jung again and this time the archetype would be SuperWoman!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...