HELLO BIG EASY!
|A golden haze over the New Orleans. A view from our hotel room.|
|Canal Street Tourist Vendor in color|
|from google image|
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and evaporated milk over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then insert a candy thermometer.
3. Cook the candy, stirring occasionally, until the candy reaches 240 degrees on the thermometer.
4. Once the proper temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat and drop the chunks of butter on top, but do not stir. Allow the pan to sit for one minute.
|Tourist Vendors Black and White|
IT IS A CITY THAT LETS YOU BE, THAT CALLS YOU OUT LET GO, LAY BACK, AND LIVE IN THE MOMENT.
|Mr. B's Restaurant on Royal My favorite New Orleans Eatery|
NEW ORLEANS EASILY, HANDS DOWN HAS THE BEST FOOD AMERICA OFFERS AND I THINK THE WORLD ALSO. IT'S MIX OF FRENCH, ISLAND, CREOLE, ITALIAN AND SPANISH CULTURES OVER THE CENTURIES HAVE COME UP WITH THE PERFECT BLEND TO CREATE PERFECTION. NEEDLESS TO SAY PERFECTION IS NOT REACHED WITHOUT A LOT OF BUTTER, CREAM AND SUGAR!!! THERE IS A SECTION OF NEW ORLEANS CALLED FAT CITY, IT IS APTLY NAMED!
|Jackson Square Artist in regular color|
|Jackson Square Artist in Purple and Blue Tones|
|Beignets and Cafe au laite/ a New Orleans favorite|