Saturday, March 8, 2014

A MIXED MEDIA ARTIST ON THE HUNT

A SAFARI FOR RUSTY METALS, OLD WOOD, AND MORE…
COME JOIN ME ON THE HUNT!

When you are a mixed media artist you are always looking for items for you art, in various and sundry places.  Some days are dates for yourself, just to go out and explore.  There are times I have something definite in mind, and other times not.  On this day Ann and I were both hunting for things for our art work together.  She was looking for smaller items for her arrows and I was looking for larger old wooden forms for a conception piece I have in mind based on African head sculptures.  Between Mississippi and New Orleans we found some great stores.  I think I should have purchased these forms below, but thought they were a bit pricey. I should have tried bargaining, now I regret not buying them.

Old Hat forms 

Antique chairs galore

getting ready for Marti Gras, old costumes

Oh my tons of treasure!

Old Boat Mold from England and license plates…good find

Great piece and once again I procrastinated.  Now I will have to go back to New Orleans!!

Letters and Windows

I think I love the photo more than the letters, as they were clearly being newly made and allowing to rust to look old and then charging as if they were antique.  The photo is great though!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...