Monday, October 22, 2012

I Love Cows

Cow in Black and White with Curves                                                                                photo by elizabeth gordon
My Grandmother had a dairy which she built to take care of her four kids and a disabled husband during the great depression.  She named her cows Susie...all her cows were named Susie.  My Mother told  me when I was five I would beg to stop whenever I saw a cow.  I loved their big soft kind eyes, their slow moving grace, and  a kind of ageless presence.  Cows are beautiful and they are one of everyones favorite animals.  We see them in paintings and pastoral scenes throughout the ages.
I loved this photo.  I took it on the way to buy milk ironically. I stopped in the middle of the road, not so safely I might add, but I did get the shot.  Her head is low, her gaze is steady, her mood is ever peaceful.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...