Sunday, May 18, 2014

TURNER HITS THE BIG SCREEN!

Cannes Film Festival

An unlikely film on the life on an artist.  A few films have made it big, like Lust of Life on the the life of Vincent Van Gogh or Frida   on the life of Frida Kahlo, but in general it is difficult to make convincing work of an artist life and his creations. Mike Leigh's new film on the life of JMW Turner, does an excellent job of showing the last 25 years of Turners life.  It is wonderfully detailed and stays very true to the era. Timothy Spall does an excellent job of portraying Turner,  as a stumpy, pug faced, but very confident in his own talent. 


Timothy Spall in film portraying Turner                        from google for education

   I have loved Turner's work for a long time and I am very excited to get to see this film.  I also love films or books that take me back to another time and place.  I think this is a film we can all look forward to as art lovers and appreciators at an independent film theater near you.   Think of an artist life you would like to see in film and who you would like to play them.  Who fascinating you, not only in their work, but their life.  I think I would like to see a movie on Miro's life spanning pre-world war Spain, during WWII and after.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...