Saturday, March 9, 2013

THE ART WALK

Community and Art-A Very Good Thing!

from google image for educational purposes only

I am not sure whether your community does this or not, but it is a great idea.  Get art shops, galleries, artists studio's, and museums to all open up on one night a month.  It promotes community gathering and it helps a town economically.  So it is a win-win situation.  Tonight my area is having one of their monthly art walks and I plan to attend and take friends.
Even if you live in a very small town or village you can organize something similar to this.  Get people who sell food, their crafts and art, get people in your neighborhood out to meet, eat and talk.  I don't care how small a gathering is, you can make it work.  And it is a good thing, a positive thing, and a peaceful thing.  It doesn't have to involve politics, arguments, violence or disagreement-all things our world is too full of.  Build positive good things in your town or village and I promise you it will reap rewards, like a pebble dropped in a pond, the good will ripple outward wider and wider.
And tomorrow my in my post I will share my experience with you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...