Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day

Alternative Universe by Elizabeth Gordon      photo by Elizabeth Gordon
The detail of the work of art shows my Mother in her 30's.
 It depicts a time she is alone while my Father is away during in WWII. 




Today in the United States we celebrate Mother's Day.  We take our Mothers a nice card, flowers or a gift and our families gather to take Mother out  for a special meal.  Today I will go out to see my 99 year old Mother in the nursing home where she is in an alzheimer/dementia unit that she has been in for 9 years since a massive stroke that impaired her brain.  She still knows me and can still say on most days I LOVE YOU.  I thought I would let you celebrate with me and Mother's all over the world.  They bring us into this world, they create us and if they are loving Mothers there will never be a bond so special in all our lives.  A Mother who loves well is a treasure beyond all, and I have had that gift in one of the most loving exceptional people I have ever known.  So lets take time to honor these women who are so very special and give us the greatest gift, life!


Mary Cassat                                                   American Artist painting in Paris
from google image
Whistlers Mother by Whistler   photo from google image
Pablo Picasso  from google image

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...