Thursday, December 22, 2011

Salamat Po Philippines!

Salamat Po! 

 That is thank you in Tagalog.  I owe the Philippines and the Filipino people a big heartfelt thank you.  I was a young teacher in my twenties when I lived in the Philippines for three years.  The country and the people welcomed me warmly and began an education of an American youth who knew little of the world.  Those formative years would influence me the rest of my life.  I have so many wonderful memories of visiting Filipino families and friends whose hospitality unbelievably generous.  If you want to feel like a queen or king, just be a guest in a Filipino home!  So I thank you, because of you I learned not to be a person of one country, but a citizen of the world.

                                                                     Parol/Decorative Christmas Star

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...